1. Do not accept a project which you know is not within your abilities.
2. Do not accept jobs with impossible deadlines.
3. Do not hesitate to ask questions.
4. Do not accept a job without seeing the text first.
5. Do not accept work without knowing who your client is.
6. Do not proceed with the job until you have agreed on the rate.
7. Think about what you write in an email before sending it.
8. Do not sell yourself short.
9. Keep all business records & correspondence for at least 12 months.
10. Read every clause very carefully before you sign a contract.
Thanks to our colleague Emma Goldsmith and her precious blog ‘Signs & Symptoms of Translation’ we can see a side by side comparison of these two qualifications: DipTrans and MITI exams.
Click here to read Emma’s article.